|Manufacturer||Vango Airbeam |
|Tent Collection||Vango Airbeam Collection |
|Year of Manufacture||2021 |
|Berth||8 Man |
Berth – This shows the number of people that the tent can sleep within the inner tents of a model of tent, in line with the industry standard. Normal procedure is to look for a slightly larger tent, for example, a family of four usually purchase a five or six berth tent, to give added room and comfort.
|Hydrostatic Head (mm)||5000 |
Hydrostatic Head (Tents) – a waterproof rating for technical fabrics measured in mm. The higher the rating the more waterproof the fabric is. A rating of 1500mm is deemed waterproof, but on a tent, look for a rating of 3000 or higher. Measured by the height of water column a fabric weave can take before it begins to “sweat”. “Polycotton” tents will not have a Hydrostatic Head level, as they are not treated for waterproofing.
|Colour||Cloud Grey |
|Doors||1 Front Door, 3 Side Doors (Mesh Panels on Front Interior and 2 Side Doors) |
|Flysheet Fabric||Sentinel Signature 150 Denier Polyester Fabric, with ColourLok |
Polyester – a synthetic fibre, made from polymer units to create a textile fabric. Polyester is the most popular fabric for tent manufacturing, as it is durable, reliable and lighter in weight. Polyester does not breathe though, which creates more condensation.
Polycotton - a blend of polyester and cotton, primarily cotton (usually around 65% cotton / 35% polyester split). Polycotton is a more natural fabric for camping, as it is breathable, far more durable material, reducing the effects of condensation. Offers greater versatility in hot and cold climates.
Ripstop Nylon – a durable material used in tents which is strong and repairable due to its Ripstop properties.
|Fabric Denier||150 Denier (Polyester) |
Denier - a measurement used to determine the thickness of the tent flysheet. It relates to the fibre thickness, or thread counts used. The thicker the fabric, generally the stronger, and more durable the fabric will be. The denier really reflects the lifetime to be expected of the tent, and how quickly, it will be affected by UV Degradation.
|Groundsheet Fabric||Sewn-in Groundsheet, 10,000mm polyethylene |
|Inner Fabric||Midnight - Breathable Polyester Inner tents |
|Window Fabric||Diamond Clear PVC with zipped curtains |
|Fire Retardant||Yes |
Fire Retardant – all modern tent fabrics are fire-retardant under EN5912 European Safety Laws. Caution with fire must always be used, as flame retardant fabrics, will still catch fire given the right circumstances.
|Height (cm)||225 tall / 200 lowest |
|Length (cm)||805 |
|Width (cm)||440 + 220 with optional side annex |
|Pack Size (cm)||L83 * W60 * H54 |
|Weight (kg)||51.50 |
Double Skin Tent – A tent with an inner bedroom and a flysheet, most family tents are designed as a “Double Skin tent”, as it makes the tent more comfortable, and lessens the effects of condensation.
|No. Bedrooms||2 Bedrooms |
|Bedroom Dimensions (cm)||420 * 250 (splits into 3 bedrooms via zipped dividers) (140 * 250 - split) |
|Bedroom 2 Dimensions (cm)||(140 * 250 - split) |
|Bedroom 3 Dimensions (cm)||(140 * 250 - split) |
|Bedroom 4 Dimensions||220 * 130 (side annex) |
|Floor Dimensions||805 * 660 |
|Pitching Order||Unpack the tent, roll out the flysheet, peg the corners, open a door to get some air in, inflate the beams, lift the tent, close side door and re-peg tent. |
|Poles or Air||Vango AirBeam™ |
Most tent structure are either Airbeam or Poled in design, both have advantages and disadvantages. Air tents are quicker to pitch, but more expensive when compared to traditional pole style tents. Some tents are hybrids, and combine poles and air technologies.
|Number of Poles / Beams||6 Airbeams / 1 Side Brow Pole |
|Pitching Time||16 minutes |
|Pitching Area (cm)||850 * 750 |
|Recommended Use||Ideal for the larger family, who might be joined by family friends, can be altered to a 10 berth by adding the optional universal inner tent. |
- Sentinel 150 Denier
- 5000mm Hydrostatic Head
- ColourLok aids retention of colour during fading process
- Fabric Weight 102g/m2 - optimises strength of the tent
- Fully factory taped seams - waterproof seal
- Fire retardant to ISPO 5912
- UPF50+ - Ultraviolet Protection Factor
- Midnight inner tents - 250cm of depth ideal for longer camp beds or queen size beds.
- Additional inner to side of tent for extra two people.
- Purchase the optional 2-berth universal inner for another 2 person inner
- Airspeed Valve, inflate and deflate the tent quicker.
- Airbeam Superbeam Structure, solid and reliable tent structure.
- Airzone Panel lets plenty of airflow through the tent reducing condensation.
- Built-in front awning allows plenty of living space to front of the tent.
- Clear access bedrooms - the lips of the inner are not as high so less tripping hazards.
- Diamond clear PVC windows with zipped privacy curtains.
- Zipped Inner Dividers allow privacy and versatile bedroom construction.
- Multi-cable entry points with higher entry point for lighting.
- Living-area pelmet pockets give storage options.
- Multi-flex front doors allow you to air the tent easier.
- Full Webbing Storm straps for added strength in windier conditions.
- Multiple mesh doors allow better airflow.
- Sentinel Exclusive Flysheet, offers greater durability.
- SkyTrack II system - allows accessories to be hung from the beams.
- Tension Band System II - strength and stability for windier conditions. Do not use in normal weather patterns.
- Villa construction - the tent is taller, more spacious inside.
- Fire retardant fabrics, in accordance with ISPO 5912.
- SuperBeams - are stronger and more reliable for heavier fabrics.
- Easypack Roller back for better portability of a heavy tent.