Who do we Share your Information With?
1) Any information shared, is purely to process your order, not for marketing purposes.
2) We do share your information with TNT, DPD or any parcel freight company we use. This is so we can deliver your product directly to you.
3) We share your email address with Trustpilot to gather product and service reviews.
4) If you develop an issue with your product, we may have to share your order details, address and contact details with the manufacturer to resolve your warranty issue.
5) We do not use email marketing, and you will not get marketing style emails from us. Nor do we ever sell or pass on your details to third party marketers.
6) We will only use your information to contact you in regards to your order - IE if there’s an issue, or warranty case or a delivery issue or product recall.
7) We also share your data with payment providers, so they can process the transaction online, and verify the card matches the delivery address.
1) You are entitled to request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
2) Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you - IE a change of address. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
3) Request deletion of your information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove any personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to retain it.
Security is essential to securing data, and we are taking the following steps to make sure our website is secure to use.
1) Our website database system, can only be accessed from trusted locations (1 or 2 locations globally). This makes it harder for an intruder to gain access.
2) We never touch your personal payment data (credit / debit card) details if you pay online via the website. We use external third party payment providers such as Paypal / Sagepay (via IFrame) to process all your transactions via the website. Therefore, the payment provider is responsible for securing payment information as you are not entering card data directly on our website but onto their servers. This is in accordance to PCI DSS Compliancy.
3) Any transactions taken over the telephone or in-store are entered directly into a card machine, we store the receipts in a locked safe within our building. These receipts, do not contain the CVC code, meaning they cannot be used to process additional payments, only used to provide customer refunds. After 6 months, these receipts are incinerated.Most importantly - we use a leading External Digital Security Agency, to manage our complete overall website security.
1) Security WAF - We employ a security WAF (Web Application Firewall) - this essentially monitors all traffic before it arrives onto our website, prevents attacks before they can take place, and stops Robot style attacks on our servers. For more information about WAF’s, please see here.
2) Malware Scanning - our website is scanned constantly for signs of malware, which may attempt to steal data. The malware scanner used is updated by our security company, and managed by their system. With a combination of malware scanning and a Web Application Firewall, we are doing all we can to secure our website.
If you want to delete the account set up within OutdoorWorldDirect, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will delete the account within 24 hours. Alternately, you can call us on 01924 265457, and we will delete it there and then on the telephone.
We can delete your information after 2 years has expired - please contact us on email@example.com with your order reference, and we will delete the order and information associated.